• What do you think of the new Apprenticeship advertising campaign?

Hello everyone,

I was watching the TV last night and during the advert break I saw the new “Fire It Up” advert all about promoting apprentices to young people. I thought the advert was really cool with a very fresh modern approached and certainly challenged some stereotypes around the types of jobs available as an apprentice. Hopefully, some of you have seen it too, but those that have not you can watch below.

What do you think of the advert? Do you think it will appeal to young people to encourage them to take up an apprenticeship? Share your view with the community below :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXDzWoPDKzg

The advert is part of the Governments £2.5 million advertising campaign designed to shift “deeply held views” on apprenticeships. Education Secretary Damian Hinds said the campaign aims to raise awareness of "the huge variety of apprenticeship options available for people of all ages and backgrounds”.

The Fire It Up campaign can be seen all across national TV and social media and is supported by a new website packed with information on apprenticeships. It is hoped the campaign will help boost the number of young people choosing to take up apprenticeships.

EEF has a range of resources available about Apprenticeships, which can be seen here

Amy
  • Hello everyone,

I was watching the TV last night and during the advert break I saw the new “Fire It Up” advert all about promoting apprentices to young people. I thought the advert was really cool with a very fresh modern approached and certainly challenged some stereotypes around the types of jobs available as an apprentice. Hopefully, some of you have seen it too, but those that have not you can watch below.

What do you think of the advert? Do you think it will appeal to young people to encourage them to take up an apprenticeship? Share your view with the community below :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXDzWoPDKzg

The advert is part of the Governments £2.5 million advertising campaign designed to shift “deeply held views” on apprenticeships. Education Secretary Damian Hinds said the campaign aims to raise awareness of "the huge variety of apprenticeship options available for people of all ages and backgrounds”.

The Fire It Up campaign can be seen all across national TV and social media and is supported by a new website packed with information on apprenticeships. It is hoped the campaign will help boost the number of young people choosing to take up apprenticeships.

EEF has a range of resources available about Apprenticeships, which can be seen here

Amy
  • Personally think its a good campaign, although I'm not the target audience.

Hope that young people see it as aspirational, and linked to messages they are also getting via school/college etc., see it as an alternative to continued HE.
  • Personally think its a good campaign, although I'm not the target audience.

Hope that young people see it as aspirational, and linked to messages they are also getting via school/college etc., see it as an alternative to continued HE.
  • I think it's pretty positive and cool! It's a good message for both apprentices but also employers to get pro-active with recruiting apprentices and engaging young people for apprentices. @Simon J Spode, are you attending the #GenerationZ workshop at the EEF Conference? We have young apprentices helping us and coaching us in how to recruit young people, it's going to be awesome!
  • I think it's pretty positive and cool! It's a good message for both apprentices but also employers to get pro-active with recruiting apprentices and engaging young people for apprentices. @Simon J Spode, are you attending the #GenerationZ workshop at the EEF Conference? We have young apprentices helping us and coaching us in how to recruit young people, it's going to be awesome!
  • I think the campaign is great and seems more suited for the target audience than previous ones (though admittedly I'm not the target audience). It's great to see that it highlights engineering and manufacturing showing them as exciting careers so hopefully it breaks down some of the negative perceptions out there that I've often come across when talking to young people and their parents/carers. Great that there was a whole year dedicated to engineering last year too. It would be interesting to hear how that may have helped members with talent attraction, both in early careers and otherwise.
  • I think the campaign is great and seems more suited for the target audience than previous ones (though admittedly I'm not the target audience). It's great to see that it highlights engineering and manufacturing showing them as exciting careers so hopefully it breaks down some of the negative perceptions out there that I've often come across when talking to young people and their parents/carers. Great that there was a whole year dedicated to engineering last year too. It would be interesting to hear how that may have helped members with talent attraction, both in early careers and otherwise.
  • Thanks @Sim J Spode, @Megan Ronayne & @Angela Ward for sharing your opinions about the campaign with the community. I really like the Apprenticeships twitter account and the way they highlight the huge range of opportunities available! There really is an apprenticeship out there for everyone!

Amy
  • Thanks @Sim J Spode, @Megan Ronayne & @Angela Ward for sharing your opinions about the campaign with the community. I really like the Apprenticeships twitter account and the way they highlight the huge range of opportunities available! There really is an apprenticeship out there for everyone!

Amy