• Traceability in the production

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution to implement traceability in our production, maybe via barcode scanning. This solution should enable in the same time to provide the necessary work-instructions at the workstations and give the possibility to enter the results from quality controls for each sub assembly in order to standardize all processes. Another desired feature is to gain an overview about KPIs, either manual or best automated.

We are manufacturing electric devices, so we have a lot of electric related tasks. Mainly PCB boards which have SMD components but also handsoldered and wave soldered through-hole components on. But also mechanical tasks as screw, fitting etc.

We are a small to medium sized company and are looking for an easy to implement solution which is best based on commercial hardware.

Does maybe someone know a supplier of such a software/solution?

Thanks
  • Hello everyone,

I am looking for a solution to implement traceability in our production, maybe via barcode scanning. This solution should enable in the same time to provide the necessary work-instructions at the workstations and give the possibility to enter the results from quality controls for each sub assembly in order to standardize all processes. Another desired feature is to gain an overview about KPIs, either manual or best automated.

We are manufacturing electric devices, so we have a lot of electric related tasks. Mainly PCB boards which have SMD components but also handsoldered and wave soldered through-hole components on. But also mechanical tasks as screw, fitting etc.

We are a small to medium sized company and are looking for an easy to implement solution which is best based on commercial hardware.

Does maybe someone know a supplier of such a software/solution?

Thanks

• Hi @Ricarda Weiersmuller

Thank you for posting your question. I have asked my colleagues if they know of a software that could provide the solution you need. In the meantime I encourage other Community members to share the types of production line tracking software they use in their operations.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here

Thank you for posting your question. I have asked my colleagues if they know of a software that could provide the solution you need. In the meantime I encourage other Community members to share the types of production line tracking software they use in their operations.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here

It sounds like you need a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) which can be configured to do everything you have asked for. The MES systems can also link to MRP/ERP for work orders and part control and will provide real time data for KPIs and are used for SOPs and traceability etc. I have dealt with a company called MESTEC https://www.mestec.net/ before and I am sure they will be happy to discuss your requirements and help you find the right solution.
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 25-02-2019 at 10:47 AM.

It sounds like you need a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) which can be configured to do everything you have asked for. The MES systems can also link to MRP/ERP for work orders and part control and will provide real time data for KPIs and are used for SOPs and traceability etc. I have dealt with a company called MESTEC https://www.mestec.net/ before and I am sure they will be happy to discuss your requirements and help you find the right solution.

• Hi @Patrick Lee ,

it looks really suited and perfect for our needs, I'll make further inquiries and keep you updated if it worked.
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 25-02-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Patrick Lee ,

it looks really suited and perfect for our needs, I'll make further inquiries and keep you updated if it worked.
    Thank you so much for your reply!