• UK SMEs are biggest online 3D printing users in EU

Hello Everyone,

Happy Friday! As many of you know I'm fascinated by 3D printing, someone I work with was showing me an item that their child had printed on a school trip to a printing lab! It's such a great technology with infinite potential.

So I wanted to share this news story with you all, a new report by 3D Hubs has found that UK businesses account for nearly half (42%) of all online 3D printing in Europe. The report highlights how with smaller, technologically-centric firms the most likely to utilize the resource.

The report found that most firms that use online 3D printing in Europe (75%) have less than 100 employees, with over 60% of the 3D printing demand across Europe coming from engineers working in the development of industrial, electrical, and medical goods.

Name:  3d print demand.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  37.4 KB

The sectors that seem to be leading the way with 3D printing are aerospace and automotive.

The 3D printing market is set to double in size every three years with the annual growth forecasted by analysts varying between 18.2% and 27.2%.

Name:  3d printing growth.JPG
Views: 16
Size:  60.8 KB

So I want to know if any of you have started using 3D printing within your business? It seems like a fantastic technology to print difficult or unusual parts quickly?

Please share with the community below

Amy
    Community Manager
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here
  • Hello Everyone,

Happy Friday! As many of you know I'm fascinated by 3D printing, someone I work with was showing me an item that their child had printed on a school trip to a printing lab! It's such a great technology with infinite potential.

So I wanted to share this news story with you all, a new report by 3D Hubs has found that UK businesses account for nearly half (42%) of all online 3D printing in Europe. The report highlights how with smaller, technologically-centric firms the most likely to utilize the resource.

The report found that most firms that use online 3D printing in Europe (75%) have less than 100 employees, with over 60% of the 3D printing demand across Europe coming from engineers working in the development of industrial, electrical, and medical goods.

Name:  3d print demand.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  37.4 KB

The sectors that seem to be leading the way with 3D printing are aerospace and automotive.

The 3D printing market is set to double in size every three years with the annual growth forecasted by analysts varying between 18.2% and 27.2%.

Name:  3d printing growth.JPG
Views: 16
Size:  60.8 KB

So I want to know if any of you have started using 3D printing within your business? It seems like a fantastic technology to print difficult or unusual parts quickly?

Please share with the community below

Amy
    Community Manager
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the network here
  • Great article, Amy – thanks for sharing!
    David Holloway, Director | BML – Brand design for industry
  • Great article, Amy – thanks for sharing!
    David Holloway, Director | BML – Brand design for industry