• Alvis Bros.Ltd Farmers and Cheesemakers in Somerset

The Alvis Family are 3rd generation farmers and cheesemakers based 12kms from the village of Cheddar in Somerset. We make cheddar and other hard cheese by traditional methods by hand turning the curd.
    Johnny Alvis is CEO and runs the Regilbury Dairy and brother Peter is MD and in charge of the Cheese Dairy.
    Name:  _NPP6965.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  543.0 KB

We consdier ourselves a "bespoke" cheesemaker able to craft individual recipes and products to meet clients needs. Our core business is conventional and organic cheese production but we have recently launched a 100% Grassfed Cheddar for the US market. Our West Country Farmhouse Cheddar carries a Protected Designation of Origin from the EU attesting to its provenance and authenticity. A short film can be seen here.

The business has recently been awarded a Board of Trade Award for our export efforts and the team have been appointed as Export Champions with other companies in the South West. Good to see our efforts in 40 countries worldwide recognised.
    Name:  Picture 002.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  2.53 MB

Name:  Sharp Cheddar Grass Fed 2 2019.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  202.6 KB

In addition to the day to day farming and cheesemaking the family also run Alvis Contracting supporting the needs of farmers across the region for cultivations, harvesting etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_NPP6937.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	617.5 KB 
ID:	1169  
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 10-04-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: picture formatting
  • The Alvis Family are 3rd generation farmers and cheesemakers based 12kms from the village of Cheddar in Somerset. We make cheddar and other hard cheese by traditional methods by hand turning the curd.
    Johnny Alvis is CEO and runs the Regilbury Dairy and brother Peter is MD and in charge of the Cheese Dairy.
    Name:  _NPP6965.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  543.0 KB

We consdier ourselves a "bespoke" cheesemaker able to craft individual recipes and products to meet clients needs. Our core business is conventional and organic cheese production but we have recently launched a 100% Grassfed Cheddar for the US market. Our West Country Farmhouse Cheddar carries a Protected Designation of Origin from the EU attesting to its provenance and authenticity. A short film can be seen here.

The business has recently been awarded a Board of Trade Award for our export efforts and the team have been appointed as Export Champions with other companies in the South West. Good to see our efforts in 40 countries worldwide recognised.
    Name:  Picture 002.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  2.53 MB

Name:  Sharp Cheddar Grass Fed 2 2019.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  202.6 KB

In addition to the day to day farming and cheesemaking the family also run Alvis Contracting supporting the needs of farmers across the region for cultivations, harvesting etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_NPP6937.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	617.5 KB 
ID:	1169  
  • Hi @Tim Harrap

Thank you for sharing what Alvis Bros makes with the Community. On a personal note I absolutely adore cheese so I will definitely look out for Lye Cross Farm the next time I'm shopping.

Congratulations on your recent export awards. I hope I can come down and visit one day.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Hi @Tim Harrap

Thank you for sharing what Alvis Bros makes with the Community. On a personal note I absolutely adore cheese so I will definitely look out for Lye Cross Farm the next time I'm shopping.

Congratulations on your recent export awards. I hope I can come down and visit one day.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here