• Buhler Sortex: What we make...

Every day, billions of people use Bühler technologies to satisfy basic needs; with our industrial process technologies and solutions, we make a significant contribution to feeding the world’s population while focusing on food safety. Bühler is proud of its Swiss roots, a family-owned company with 10,000 employees across 140 sites generating sales of CHF 2.5 billion. Our food and feed processing solutions are complemented by industrial process solutions including Die Casting, Grinding & Dispersion and Thin Film Coating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...;v=g5yM35M9mRo

The Bühler UK Ltd site at Atlantis Avenue is situated in one of London’s fastest growing areas, with Canary Wharf and Docklands in our neighbourhood. The site features a modern manufacturing facility, research and development team and houses some of the world’s best experts in foreign material detection and cutting-edge processing technologies. Application trials and product walkthroughs are regularly arranged for customers. The site also hosts best practice events, sharing its Lean Manufacturing processes and success with other British-based companies.

We design, manufacture and supply optical sorting machines and systems to over 100 countries. The operation is a low volume, high value/tech configure-to-order assembly process; machine types and 100’s of customer specified configurations are picked, built, tested, packed and dispatched in an integrated, single piece flow system supported by SAP. Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People are central to the Bühler production system. Continuous improvement is a way of life, driven by Team Leaders and highly engaged customer focused teams. We manufacture a wide range of machines, here is just one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0gWUeqzk_o

Bühler Digital Technologies division consists of the three business units SORTEX®, Digital Sense and Data Analytics & Services with core manufacturing sites based in the UK, Switzerland, China and Brazil. The division is renowned for its pioneering SORTEX® range of optical sorting technologies as well as innovative sensor, weighing/bagging and digital solutions. And we doing some cool things with Microsoft to support Buhler goals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb63RWxOkN0&feature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 12-04-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Video embedding
  • Every day, billions of people use Bühler technologies to satisfy basic needs; with our industrial process technologies and solutions, we make a significant contribution to feeding the world’s population while focusing on food safety. Bühler is proud of its Swiss roots, a family-owned company with 10,000 employees across 140 sites generating sales of CHF 2.5 billion. Our food and feed processing solutions are complemented by industrial process solutions including Die Casting, Grinding & Dispersion and Thin Film Coating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...;v=g5yM35M9mRo

The Bühler UK Ltd site at Atlantis Avenue is situated in one of London’s fastest growing areas, with Canary Wharf and Docklands in our neighbourhood. The site features a modern manufacturing facility, research and development team and houses some of the world’s best experts in foreign material detection and cutting-edge processing technologies. Application trials and product walkthroughs are regularly arranged for customers. The site also hosts best practice events, sharing its Lean Manufacturing processes and success with other British-based companies.

We design, manufacture and supply optical sorting machines and systems to over 100 countries. The operation is a low volume, high value/tech configure-to-order assembly process; machine types and 100’s of customer specified configurations are picked, built, tested, packed and dispatched in an integrated, single piece flow system supported by SAP. Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People are central to the Bühler production system. Continuous improvement is a way of life, driven by Team Leaders and highly engaged customer focused teams. We manufacture a wide range of machines, here is just one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0gWUeqzk_o

Bühler Digital Technologies division consists of the three business units SORTEX®, Digital Sense and Data Analytics & Services with core manufacturing sites based in the UK, Switzerland, China and Brazil. The division is renowned for its pioneering SORTEX® range of optical sorting technologies as well as innovative sensor, weighing/bagging and digital solutions. And we doing some cool things with Microsoft to support Buhler goals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb63RWxOkN0&feature=youtu.be
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham

Many thanks for sharing Buhler Sortex's great products and innovative processes with the Community. It would be great to visit the Atlantis Avenue site at some point to see the company in action.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham

Many thanks for sharing Buhler Sortex's great products and innovative processes with the Community. It would be great to visit the Atlantis Avenue site at some point to see the company in action.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
  • Dear Daniel

There are a number of ways that people can visit the Sortex site here in East London:-

1. We are hosting a MakeUK Manufacturing Connect Event on 12th June.
    2. We are a participant in the Onsite Insights program (onsiteinsights.co.uk).
    3. Contact me, for special visits.

We are always open to welcome visitors and to share Manufacturing best practice.

Kind Regards

Nigel
  • Dear Daniel

There are a number of ways that people can visit the Sortex site here in East London:-

1. We are hosting a MakeUK Manufacturing Connect Event on 12th June.
    2. We are a participant in the Onsite Insights program (onsiteinsights.co.uk).
    3. Contact me, for special visits.

We are always open to welcome visitors and to share Manufacturing best practice.

Kind Regards

Nigel
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham

Thank you. I will make sure I attend as part of the Manufacturing Connect event on 12th June. I look forward to seeing the Sortex site.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 01-05-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    Head of Community
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham

Thank you. I will make sure I attend as part of the Manufacturing Connect event on 12th June. I look forward to seeing the Sortex site.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community