• How do we create a more sustainable UK manufacturing ecosystem? - Please share your thoughts with the Community

Let's discuss sustainability - I'd be really interested in hearing from Community members what they think UK manufacturers could be doing to improve their efficiency so that the UK manufacturing ecosystem leads the way in reducing its environmental impact.

We can't hide from the fact that the future will present unique challenges, such as resource scarcity and rising commodity prices, that will have a significant impact on the UK's manufacturing sector. For those interested in reading more about the challenges facing the sector and projections of what the world could look like in 2050 see this report by Dr. Mike Tennant (with contributions from David Morgan, Nancy Bocken & Geraldine Brennan) on Sustainability and manufacturing published in 2013.

So let's get the conversation started between manufacturers, academics and anyone who has something to contribute on this pressing issue. Just reply to this thread with ideas on what you think can be done and real life examples of what you may already be doing.

Collectively we can make a difference - let's make that difference today.

Name:  windmill-932125_960_720.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  120.4 KB
    Community Manager
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Let's discuss sustainability - I'd be really interested in hearing from Community members what they think UK manufacturers could be doing to improve their efficiency so that the UK manufacturing ecosystem leads the way in reducing its environmental impact.

We can't hide from the fact that the future will present unique challenges, such as resource scarcity and rising commodity prices, that will have a significant impact on the UK's manufacturing sector. For those interested in reading more about the challenges facing the sector and projections of what the world could look like in 2050 see this report by Dr. Mike Tennant (with contributions from David Morgan, Nancy Bocken & Geraldine Brennan) on Sustainability and manufacturing published in 2013.

So let's get the conversation started between manufacturers, academics and anyone who has something to contribute on this pressing issue. Just reply to this thread with ideas on what you think can be done and real life examples of what you may already be doing.

Collectively we can make a difference - let's make that difference today.

Name:  windmill-932125_960_720.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  120.4 KB
    Community Manager
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here