• Do you have any questions about applying for the Awards Programme?

This forum is a community of like-minded manufacturers who are interested in the awards programme, would like to find out more, or who may have already applied and need some assistance.

You can ask each other questions, ask the Awards Team, or ask past winners. We are all active members of this group to share ideas and offer support.

So tell us what you need help with and let the Community assist.

Many thanks,

Grace
    (Awards Programme Manager)
  • This forum is a community of like-minded manufacturers who are interested in the awards programme, would like to find out more, or who may have already applied and need some assistance.

You can ask each other questions, ask the Awards Team, or ask past winners. We are all active members of this group to share ideas and offer support.

So tell us what you need help with and let the Community assist.

Many thanks,

Grace
    (Awards Programme Manager)
  • Hi @Grace Millar,

I'd like some help regarding the 1 minute video. I have an idea of what I want to implement however I'm not sure what the judges will be looking for in particular.

Any words of advice would be very appreciated.

Regards,
    Paige
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 04-06-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Grace Millar,

I'd like some help regarding the 1 minute video. I have an idea of what I want to implement however I'm not sure what the judges will be looking for in particular.

Any words of advice would be very appreciated.

Regards,
    Paige
  • Hi @Paige Ridgeway

Thanks for your question. The 1 minute video can simply be filmed on a phone or personal device, and doesn’t need to be a high quality edited film. It is simply designed to give a visual aid for the judges, and to provide another medium to share your story. This could be an opportunity for you to speak to camera and expand on your written entry, or for your colleagues to provide a testimony about your project/leader/apprentice etc.

Or you could supply a video showing a product you worked on clips of a project you were part of. Perhaps it could be a video walk through of your site highlighting where you have made improvements.

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to talk through your specific entry in more detail if you would like.

Grace
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 04-06-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Paige Ridgeway

Thanks for your question. The 1 minute video can simply be filmed on a phone or personal device, and doesn’t need to be a high quality edited film. It is simply designed to give a visual aid for the judges, and to provide another medium to share your story. This could be an opportunity for you to speak to camera and expand on your written entry, or for your colleagues to provide a testimony about your project/leader/apprentice etc.

Or you could supply a video showing a product you worked on clips of a project you were part of. Perhaps it could be a video walk through of your site highlighting where you have made improvements.

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to talk through your specific entry in more detail if you would like.

Grace
  • Thinking about applying for the awards programme? Stuck on how to start? Worried you don't have time to write it? We're here to help.

On Wednesday 12th June, 2 - 2.30pm, our Awards Programme Manager (Grace Millar) will be hosting a telephone workshop "How to Write a Winning Awards Entry". You'll hear judges top tips, common mistakes to avoid, and have an opportunity to ask your own questions, or hear from others going through the application process.

Email awards@makeuk.org to register
  • Thinking about applying for the awards programme? Stuck on how to start? Worried you don't have time to write it? We're here to help.

On Wednesday 12th June, 2 - 2.30pm, our Awards Programme Manager (Grace Millar) will be hosting a telephone workshop "How to Write a Winning Awards Entry". You'll hear judges top tips, common mistakes to avoid, and have an opportunity to ask your own questions, or hear from others going through the application process.

Email awards@makeuk.org to register