• See Inside: The Airbus factory in Broughton

Airbus’ Broughton factory in Flintshire, North Wales is responsible for assembling wings for the entire family of Airbus commercial aircraft, including the A320 and A330 Families, the A380 and the next generation A350XWB (extra wide body) aeroplanes. We take a look inside and explore some of the facts & figures behind the site.
    Read more here: See Inside Airbus Broughton
  • Airbus’ Broughton factory in Flintshire, North Wales is responsible for assembling wings for the entire family of Airbus commercial aircraft, including the A320 and A330 Families, the A380 and the next generation A350XWB (extra wide body) aeroplanes. We take a look inside and explore some of the facts & figures behind the site.
    Read more here: See Inside Airbus Broughton
  • Hi @Matt Chilton

A fascinating read - from the history of the Wellington Bomber to the digital manufacturing techniques being employed in the next generation wings and most interesting how the A380 double-decker wings are transported by rivers, sea and land. It's great to see investment in the UK and especially pleasing to see so many apprentices start in 2018.

Many thanks for sharing and I encourage members of the Community to read the article and share their thoughts.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Hi @Matt Chilton

A fascinating read - from the history of the Wellington Bomber to the digital manufacturing techniques being employed in the next generation wings and most interesting how the A380 double-decker wings are transported by rivers, sea and land. It's great to see investment in the UK and especially pleasing to see so many apprentices start in 2018.

Many thanks for sharing and I encourage members of the Community to read the article and share their thoughts.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here