• Who’s been the greatest influence on your career?

Happy weekend to the Community - it’s a sunny day in London.

So it would be interesting to know who has been the greatest influence on your career?

Who was that one person who gave you the best piece of advice or someone who inspired you to achieve greater things?

Really looking forward to your responses to this question.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Make UK Community
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Happy weekend to the Community - it’s a sunny day in London.

So it would be interesting to know who has been the greatest influence on your career?

Who was that one person who gave you the best piece of advice or someone who inspired you to achieve greater things?

Really looking forward to your responses to this question.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Make UK Community
    Head of Community

• I have had engaged with two action coaches in the past, and it has worked from time to time.

I believe the best value I have had is from fellow peers who are running businesses and running them successfully but make time to spare you a short amount of time for advice / mentoring. One such person clearly comes to mind, Martin Horsman who at the time was MD at ESG Rail (now DB ESG). Martin gave me advice regarding building a developing a highly motivated and trained team when you have limited resources. Looking for activities that could be taken from high paid roles and delegated to others. Working on systems and automating the business wherever possible. Great advice given 8 years ago, and so relevant today!
  • I have had engaged with two action coaches in the past, and it has worked from time to time.

I believe the best value I have had is from fellow peers who are running businesses and running them successfully but make time to spare you a short amount of time for advice / mentoring. One such person clearly comes to mind, Martin Horsman who at the time was MD at ESG Rail (now DB ESG). Martin gave me advice regarding building a developing a highly motivated and trained team when you have limited resources. Looking for activities that could be taken from high paid roles and delegated to others. Working on systems and automating the business wherever possible. Great advice given 8 years ago, and so relevant today!

• Hi @Luke Parker

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like Martin's advice had a real impact. Great idea to delegate responsibilities usually reserved at a senior level to others as this will help them progress in their careers and in the end they will value that opportunity. They will also become an extremely valuable asset to your business.

I hope your event went well yesterday?

Best regards,

Daniel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Make UK Community mobile app
    Head of Community
  • Hi @Luke Parker

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like Martin's advice had a real impact. Great idea to delegate responsibilities usually reserved at a senior level to others as this will help them progress in their careers and in the end they will value that opportunity. They will also become an extremely valuable asset to your business.

I hope your event went well yesterday?

Best regards,

Daniel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Make UK Community mobile app
    Head of Community