Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• MRP scheduling

I am currently looking to source an MRP system. Key functionality for my company is scheduling under the following scenarios:

1) We often receive urgent orders which are required to be integrated into an already tight production schedule. The MRP system shall calculate a “what if” scenario for whether a new order can be accepted to be completed to a customer's deadline. The MRP system shall offer various scenarios of how the new order can be incorporated and, if necessary, which other orders are affected. Finally, when order and deadline is accepted and scenario is chosen, the MRP system shall update affected works orders with new dates.

2) We often work with tight deadlines on bespoke projects, which have high amount of risk and uncertainty. This can cause delays in both supply chain and inhouse production. The MRP system shall handle changes in production progress based on shop floor capture and calculate updated expected delivery dates.

Please let me know if you have come across this functionality in the MRP system you use?
  • I am currently looking to source an MRP system. Key functionality for my company is scheduling under the following scenarios:

1) We often receive urgent orders which are required to be integrated into an already tight production schedule. The MRP system shall calculate a “what if” scenario for whether a new order can be accepted to be completed to a customer's deadline. The MRP system shall offer various scenarios of how the new order can be incorporated and, if necessary, which other orders are affected. Finally, when order and deadline is accepted and scenario is chosen, the MRP system shall update affected works orders with new dates.

2) We often work with tight deadlines on bespoke projects, which have high amount of risk and uncertainty. This can cause delays in both supply chain and inhouse production. The MRP system shall handle changes in production progress based on shop floor capture and calculate updated expected delivery dates.

Please let me know if you have come across this functionality in the MRP system you use?