• Audi rolls out global VR experience to get people back into the showroom

Hello

I just wanted to share this interesting article about Audi embracing virtual reality (VR) to help encourage customers back to their showrooms by enhancing the experience and offering a greater level of personalisation. You can read the full article here

Audi identified that many of customers were no longer going to car showrooms to make their purchase as they could find out all the information they needed online. They also identified that many small dealerships could only stock a few models of their cars so customers were unable to see all the options available to them.

The VR experience developed with Zerolight, enables the customer to explore the vast array of customisations available on their car before they make the purchase. The customer then has the opportunity to test drive the car in a variety of settings from race world class tracks to the moon! This enables them to have a real understanding of how the car will handle on the road and if it is the right model for them.

You can watch an example of the Audi VR experience below:

Please click here to see the video

It would be fantastic to hear what you think of this initiative? How do you see VR impacting the way that you sell products to your customers?

Thanks

Amy
  • Hello

I just wanted to share this interesting article about Audi embracing virtual reality (VR) to help encourage customers back to their showrooms by enhancing the experience and offering a greater level of personalisation. You can read the full article here

Audi identified that many of customers were no longer going to car showrooms to make their purchase as they could find out all the information they needed online. They also identified that many small dealerships could only stock a few models of their cars so customers were unable to see all the options available to them.

The VR experience developed with Zerolight, enables the customer to explore the vast array of customisations available on their car before they make the purchase. The customer then has the opportunity to test drive the car in a variety of settings from race world class tracks to the moon! This enables them to have a real understanding of how the car will handle on the road and if it is the right model for them.

You can watch an example of the Audi VR experience below:

Please click here to see the video

It would be fantastic to hear what you think of this initiative? How do you see VR impacting the way that you sell products to your customers?

Thanks

Amy
  • VR and the ability to not only interact and engage but enroll new customers into your branding is very powerful. The ability to facilitate direct 1-to-1 communication of a product/item and its intended end user will be key to how people connect with new ideas. We are already seeing this in the medical profession (using VR and imaging to support complex surgery).

VR takes the person out of the current reality and allows them to construct whatever new reality they are after. This has to be filled with some content and this content is either chosen by the operator or the individual. This space is scarce (mindshare space that is). I do not think the technology (wearables) are suitable yet but see this coming forwards each year (Samsung have made great strides).

An interesting question. Interesting to see what frees people up to use this technology. If I could give my top 3 areas of short term future use it would be:

1. Medical profession but edging on the non emergency care such as pregnancy checkups or dental care or augmented surgery.

2. Anywhere there will be a sensor or representation of the point of data collection (inside CERN accelerator say)

3. Training and awareness - from road safety to planning the built environment

Good to hear what others think on this. This technology is around us now and is creeping up. It was only a few years ago a smart watch seemed a wild idea ...
  • VR and the ability to not only interact and engage but enroll new customers into your branding is very powerful. The ability to facilitate direct 1-to-1 communication of a product/item and its intended end user will be key to how people connect with new ideas. We are already seeing this in the medical profession (using VR and imaging to support complex surgery).

VR takes the person out of the current reality and allows them to construct whatever new reality they are after. This has to be filled with some content and this content is either chosen by the operator or the individual. This space is scarce (mindshare space that is). I do not think the technology (wearables) are suitable yet but see this coming forwards each year (Samsung have made great strides).

An interesting question. Interesting to see what frees people up to use this technology. If I could give my top 3 areas of short term future use it would be:

1. Medical profession but edging on the non emergency care such as pregnancy checkups or dental care or augmented surgery.

2. Anywhere there will be a sensor or representation of the point of data collection (inside CERN accelerator say)

3. Training and awareness - from road safety to planning the built environment

Good to hear what others think on this. This technology is around us now and is creeping up. It was only a few years ago a smart watch seemed a wild idea ...