• 3D printed house which took 24 hours to build

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share this interesting video I spotted online of a house being 3D printed on the building site.

Please click here to see the video

This is the first residential building to be “fully printed” on site and was developed by Russian company Apis Cor. Previously 3D printed homes were made off site and then constructed on site.

The structure was fully printed in under 24 hours and costs around $10,000 to produce. The Apis Cor machine is light and easy to transport compared, meaning it can be set up on site.

How do you see new technologies such as 3D printing impacting the construction industry? Share your thoughts with the network below.

Thanks

Amy
  • Hello everyone,

I wanted to share this interesting video I spotted online of a house being 3D printed on the building site.

Please click here to see the video

This is the first residential building to be “fully printed” on site and was developed by Russian company Apis Cor. Previously 3D printed homes were made off site and then constructed on site.

The structure was fully printed in under 24 hours and costs around $10,000 to produce. The Apis Cor machine is light and easy to transport compared, meaning it can be set up on site.

How do you see new technologies such as 3D printing impacting the construction industry? Share your thoughts with the network below.

Thanks

Amy
  • Amazing ! We have recently been using a 3D printer for small design during a kaizen event and have found this very useful even for activities of this type. Being able to develop an idea to completion in this way transformed how we progressed with our improvements.

Cannot imagine doing this with a house though
  • Amazing ! We have recently been using a 3D printer for small design during a kaizen event and have found this very useful even for activities of this type. Being able to develop an idea to completion in this way transformed how we progressed with our improvements.

Cannot imagine doing this with a house though