• New 3D-printed house can be built in less than a day for just $4,000

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share this fantastic example of additive manufacturing doing good things in the real world!
    It’s estimated that one billion people across the world lack access to adequate housing. But using 3D printing ICON and News Story are hoping to help address this problem as they’ve found a way to 3D print homes in a quick and relatively cheap way. The 600 to 800-square-foot houses which cost $4,000, can be printed in under one day.

Check out the video below of the houses being printed.

Please click here to see the video

3D-printing offers several advantages over traditional building methods, ICON co-founder Jason Ballard said in a statement: “With 3D-printing, you not only have a continuous thermal envelope, high thermal mass, and near zero-waste, but you also have speed, a much broader design palette, next-level resiliency, and the possibility of a quantum leap in affordability. This isn’t 10 percent better, it’s 10 times better.”

Would you consider living in a 3D printed home? Share your thoughts below.

Thanks,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Hello everyone,

I wanted to share this fantastic example of additive manufacturing doing good things in the real world!
    It’s estimated that one billion people across the world lack access to adequate housing. But using 3D printing ICON and News Story are hoping to help address this problem as they’ve found a way to 3D print homes in a quick and relatively cheap way. The 600 to 800-square-foot houses which cost $4,000, can be printed in under one day.

Check out the video below of the houses being printed.

Please click here to see the video

3D-printing offers several advantages over traditional building methods, ICON co-founder Jason Ballard said in a statement: “With 3D-printing, you not only have a continuous thermal envelope, high thermal mass, and near zero-waste, but you also have speed, a much broader design palette, next-level resiliency, and the possibility of a quantum leap in affordability. This isn’t 10 percent better, it’s 10 times better.”

Would you consider living in a 3D printed home? Share your thoughts below.

Thanks,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here