• Activity Based Working for a digital future

Dear All
    You may have seen my earlier post on Multi-functional coloated NPI Teams where I mentioned that here at Buhler Digital Technologies we are moving forward with new ways of working and flexible office design.

We are now all set to begin a major refurbishment of our offices here in the East of London to introduce Activity Based Working where there will be no allocated desks and a focus on collaboration, team agility and flexibility. Key aspects will include team zones, quiet spaces, activity spaces, clear desks… plus the soft and fluffy factors to enable us to create an inspiring office environment, enabling us to attract the best talent of a millennial generation. Related aspects include greater home working, trust, empowerment and engagement and of course the hard factors and pay, rewards, etc.
    Is this pressing your buttons?

We would be very interested to hear your real experiences of ABW and any related advice, especially reference mixed design, engineering, commercial and manufacturing office spaces of 100-200 people...
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 01-06-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: formatt
  • Dear All
    You may have seen my earlier post on Multi-functional coloated NPI Teams where I mentioned that here at Buhler Digital Technologies we are moving forward with new ways of working and flexible office design.

We are now all set to begin a major refurbishment of our offices here in the East of London to introduce Activity Based Working where there will be no allocated desks and a focus on collaboration, team agility and flexibility. Key aspects will include team zones, quiet spaces, activity spaces, clear desks… plus the soft and fluffy factors to enable us to create an inspiring office environment, enabling us to attract the best talent of a millennial generation. Related aspects include greater home working, trust, empowerment and engagement and of course the hard factors and pay, rewards, etc.
    Is this pressing your buttons?

We would be very interested to hear your real experiences of ABW and any related advice, especially reference mixed design, engineering, commercial and manufacturing office spaces of 100-200 people...
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham

Many thanks for sharing with the Network. It sounds like a really interesting initiative. We will share with the wider community in our newsletter next week.

It seems to be the way many companies are moving but is this a demand led project from millennials? I'd be interested in knowing the processes which leads a company to make this change.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham

Many thanks for sharing with the Network. It sounds like a really interesting initiative. We will share with the wider community in our newsletter next week.

It seems to be the way many companies are moving but is this a demand led project from millennials? I'd be interested in knowing the processes which leads a company to make this change.

Best regards,

Daniel.
    Head of Community
    Need help? Ask me your questions about the Community here
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham , Very interesting. As a millennial (just!) myself, I place a lot of importance on balance of work and life and how this balance helps stimulates my creativity and productivity! I have also been using a timer to remind myself to get up and move around, take a walk or change my working space. This keeps my activities and the day fresh.

We have an upcoming events in our HR Connect Series which are roundtable meetings discussing the retention and recruitment of millennials! I will post some further insight from next week's meeting. https://www.eef.org.uk/membership/ne...nts/hr-connect

Thanks Megan
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 05-06-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Nigel Whittingham , Very interesting. As a millennial (just!) myself, I place a lot of importance on balance of work and life and how this balance helps stimulates my creativity and productivity! I have also been using a timer to remind myself to get up and move around, take a walk or change my working space. This keeps my activities and the day fresh.

We have an upcoming events in our HR Connect Series which are roundtable meetings discussing the retention and recruitment of millennials! I will post some further insight from next week's meeting. https://www.eef.org.uk/membership/ne...nts/hr-connect

Thanks Megan