Brexit Roadshow at Aerospace Bristol
09-07-2018, 09:24 AM - Views: 735
85 manufacturers' gathered at Aerospace Bristol to discuss all things Brexit! We were in the place where Concorde aircraft were designed and built. In the photo I am stood next to the last Concorde that was built and the last one to fly back to her home in Filton. What a machine! Extremely beautiful to look at it still looks supersonic even when parked on the ground. Remember this project was a joint British and French programme that started during the mid sixties and the first plane flew in 1969. We had lunch under the Concorde's wings and had the privilege to go on board the plane.
During the Brexit Roadshow we heard from many interesting speakers including:
- Baroness Neville-Rolfe, Member of the House of Lords EU Select Committee
- Ashley Fox - South West MEP
- James Dowler, Deputy Director, Stakeholder Engagement, DEXEU
- Aarti Shankar, Policy Analyst, Open Europe
- Matt Grffith, Director of Policy, Business West
- David Bell, Director of Standards, BSI
- David Rogers, Deputy Director, EU Exit Programme Directorate, Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Namali MacKay, EEF Trade Adviser
- Tim Thomas, EEF Director of Employment & Skills Policy
Business representatives were keen to take away practical tips to help them make their organisations more Brexit ready.
Key points were the impacts on workforce movements, country of origin reporting and potential customs payments.
EEF has also launched its very practical Brexit toolkit, which can be seen here
Many thanks to all our speakers and delegates for making the EEF Brexit Roadshow in Bristol such a good event.
Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 09-07-2018 at 10:05 AM.