21-03-2017, 03:07 PM - Views: 4813
Welcome to The Make UK Community. Here is a quick overview of everything you will need to know to get you up and running.
Who is the Community for?
If you work in manufacturing or have an interest in the manufacturing industry and want to connect with others then this forum is for you. The Make UK Community is powered by Make UK – The Manufacturers’ Organisation. Find out more about the benefits of being a Make UK member
How can the Community help your business?
The Community is made up of people passionate about UK manufacturing and therefore if you have a question that you need help answering you can ask a Community of people who have the right experience your business needs.
Connect with thousands of individuals working across UK manufacturing and leverage the power of the Community to help your business grow.
How the Community is Structured:
The Community is made up of a series of forums, where you can post questions and start discussions.
Start posting your questions in one of our forums:
- Share with the Manufacturing Community (Start discussions with others who work in the manufacturing industry)
- Manufacturing Events & News – (Post your manufacturing events and news in this forum)
- NDI (NDI forum for latest defence & security discussions and news)
- Digital Manufacturing on a shoestring - (For digital manufacturing solutions to help your business powered by the Institute for Manufacturing, Cambridge University, in association with Make UK)
If you want to ask a question or have a discussion about a specific topic, please ensure it is within the relevant topic forum.
Please note if you do post in an incorrect forum a Community Manager may move your post to a more relevant forum.
How to Register to use the Community:
Registering to use the Community is simple. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Registration Page [Click Here]
- Enter your details as requested including a valid work email address
- Check the agree terms and conditions box
- Press complete registration box
- Once you have registered a Community Manager will verify your registration and will send you a Welcome Message
Once registered you can start using the Community.
You can log in with either your name [First name Last name] or email address in the box at the top right hand of the screen and then your password.
Asking a Question:
You can ask a question by clicking on the Ask the Community button on the homepage. This will take you to the Share with the Manufacturing Community forum where you can click on the new question or discussion button to start a new thread.
Help and support:
The Community is supported on a daily basis by the Head of Community Daniel Kirmatzi, who is here to answer any questions you may have. For more information on how to contact him [Click Here]
The Head of Community is also responsible for moderating all content on the Community to ensure it is in line with the terms and conditions and Community guidelines.
We ask all users to follow our community guidelines. The Head of Community cannot always check all of the content on the Community, therefore we rely on users to report any inappropriate content. You can report something easily by clicking the report button (exclamation mark in the purple triangle button) on the post you wish to flag.
Views expressed in the Community are purely the views of the users and as such don't constitute professional recommendations or advice or the opinions of Make UK.
We have the right to update and change our Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions at any time. If you have any questions about these guidelines, or anything on the site at all, contact the Community Managers.
Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 02-07-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Updates