• electric arc furnace energy calculation

We currently operate 2 old single phase Electric arc furnaces which produce Boron alloys. As part of our 50001 energy objectives we are looking at validation of the process in terms of its efficiency e.g. electrode size, power input, furnace body size, etc

The process has not changed for years (1970's) and we are seeking advice on calculations of the above parameters.

All our potential contacts for this type of advice appear to have gone (Mainly British Steel research)

any advice, suggestions, or potential contacts would be appreciated.
  • We currently operate 2 old single phase Electric arc furnaces which produce Boron alloys. As part of our 50001 energy objectives we are looking at validation of the process in terms of its efficiency e.g. electrode size, power input, furnace body size, etc

The process has not changed for years (1970's) and we are seeking advice on calculations of the above parameters.

All our potential contacts for this type of advice appear to have gone (Mainly British Steel research)

any advice, suggestions, or potential contacts would be appreciated.

• Hi @Eric Wright ,

Thank you for posting about EAFs. I don't have this information but someone in my team might be able to help. My colleague @Daniel Kirmatzis will put us in contact and I will try to sort something out tomorrow?

Kind regards,

Grace
    Last edited by Daniel Kirmatzis; 22-11-2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: tagging
  • Hi @Eric Wright ,

Thank you for posting about EAFs. I don't have this information but someone in my team might be able to help. My colleague @Daniel Kirmatzis will put us in contact and I will try to sort something out tomorrow?

Kind regards,

Grace

• Our Energy Insights solution enables the wireless monitoring of power consumption at Machine level. The data is stored in the Cloud and our software provides real time info to your desktop or mobile device. Reports can be customised easily and alerts set for any unusual events.
    Last edited by Amy Brunsdon; 19-02-2019 at 02:58 PM.
  • Our Energy Insights solution enables the wireless monitoring of power consumption at Machine level. The data is stored in the Cloud and our software provides real time info to your desktop or mobile device. Reports can be customised easily and alerts set for any unusual events.